MiracleFeet provides organizational, technical, and financial support to clinics to increase access to treatment for children born with clubfoot in low- and middle-income countries.
The treatment costs, on average, less than $500 per child. We support local practitioners who are trained in the Ponseti method, a non-surgical treatment that involves a series of plaster casts. Following casting, a foot brace is worn at night for several years in order to prevent relapse. In 95% of cases, proper treatment results in full correction of the feet.
Using a bottom-up approach, MiracleFeet offers a continuous cycle of support for the treatment of children. As of 2021, we have supported care for over 60,000 children in 30 countries.
Empower partners and providers
MiracleFeet provides the technical and financial resources needed to create and support high-quality clubfoot clinics in low-income countries. Support usually includes:
- Identifying local partners
- Training healthcare workers and practitioners in the Ponseti Method
- Hiring and training parent educators to increase treatment compliance
- Providing treatment supplies, including braces
- Establishing systems to collect and analyze patient and clinic-level data to monitor quality and measure impact
Expand access to services
MiracleFeet expands access to proper treatment. Strategies include:
- Creating early diagnosis and referral processes
- Executing clubfoot awareness campaigns
- Educating healthcare workers about clubfoot
- Adding more clinics to reduce travel time for families
- Conducting refresher and advanced Ponseti training
Integrate treatment into public health systems
MiracleFeet integrates clubfoot programs in the local health system to promote lasting and sustainable change. We do this by:
- Securing endorsement and support from the Ministry of Health
- Embedding clubfoot management into the existing public health infrastructure to drive down cost/child and minimize long-term dependence on MiracleFeet
- Collaborating closely with government agencies, NGO and private partners to reduce need for outside support
We are mobilizing children for life
MiracleFeet is changing the status quo that has left millions behind. Your partnership strengthens our global movement to ensure every child has access to life-changing treatment now and for generations.See how you can help