World Clubfoot Day 2017
We’re looking forward to World Clubfoot Day on Saturday, June 3rd, 2017! This is an important day of celebration for our partners around the world. Along with our partners in the Global Clubfoot Initiative, we are releasing a detailed Global Plan on June 3rd. The plan’s goal is to commit to ending the disability caused by clubfoot around the world by 2030. This is a huge movement that requires passionate Ponseti method providers, dedicated clinic partners, and supporters like you!
We’re calling this our “We Believe Dream Team.”
We invite you to participate in World Clubfoot Day in a way that is meaningful to you, whether that be raising awareness on social media, hosting a fundraiser, or standing in solidarity with those you know who are affected by clubfoot. Here are some ideas on how to get involved:
Ways to raise awareness and support before June 3rd
Tell others you believe! Ending the disability caused by clubfoot is a team effort. World Clubfoot Day is the perfect time to reach out to friends, family and coworkers about your commitment to MiracleFeet’s global movement.
- Get ready to join the #WeBelieveDreamTeam for World Clubfoot Day. Download, print, and color this poster (designed by our fabulous volunteer Rebecca Salzman) announcing that you stand with MiracleFeet in our quest to end clubfoot disability. On June 3rd, post your pic on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter to be part of the action!
- Read about a community walk in Rhode Island organized by clubfoot mom Jessica Quattrucci for World Clubfoot Day 2016.
- Get inspired by the awesome activities hosted at our clinics last year.
- Kick for clubfoot and cheer on MiracleFeet ambassador Ali Krieger as the Orlando Pride take on the Boston Breakers at 7:30pm EST!
- Share one of our mini documentaries from our YouTube channel. These stories are sure to inspire and inform your followers, friends and family.
- Share a touching story from our blog.
- Set up an easy-to-use Crowdrise page. Watch this 5-minute video to see how easy it is! Use your Crowdrise page to solicit donations in a fun and unique way. Here are some ideas:
- Crazy Shoe or Sock Day – Have students or coworkers pay $5 to enter a crazy shoe or sock contest. Get a local business to donate a prize.
- Host a picnic or cookout on World Clubfoot Day and ask your guests to consider a donation. They can donate to your Crowdrise page and/or give cash.
- Have a birthday in the family before June 3rd? Use a party to ask for donations in lieu of gifts. Here’s a great example from one clubfoot mom.
- Run down clubfoot by signing up for a marathon or a race! Here is one inspiring example of a clubfoot dad raising funds on honor of his son.
How to get involved on June 3rd
- Let’s get social! It’s time we create more conversation about clubfoot. Social media is a great platform for educating others, so after you take a picture of you and/or your loved ones with this personalized poster, here are some ideas for posts:
- Facebook Example Post
I joined the “We Believe Dream Team” with MiracleFeet, because I believe every child born with clubfoot deserves treatment. Today is World Clubfoot Day and MiracleFeet is announcing a plan to end the disability caused by this treatable birth defect worldwide. My family and I are supporting this huge global movement by raising funds to provide treatment for more child. Please consider a donation. Just $250 changes a child’s life in a low-income country. [link to CrowdRise]NOTE: Don’t forget to tag MiracleFeet in your post! Also, your link can be to your Crowdrise page or MiracleFeet’s donate page: https://www.miraclefeet.org/donate/
- Instagram Example Post
I joined the #WeBelieveDreamTeam with @MiracleFeet because I believe every child born with clubfoot deserves treatment. Today is #WorldClubfootDay and MiracleFeet is announcing a plan to end the disability caused by this treatable birth defect worldwide. My family and I are supporting this huge global movement by raising funds to provide treatment for more child. Please consider a donation. Just $250 changes a child’s life in a low-income country. Donate link in my profile.NOTE: You will have to edit your profile and copy and paste the donate link as links do not work in Instagram captions.
- Twitter Example Post
I joined the #WeBelieveDreamTeam with @MiracleFeet for #WorldClubfootDay! Please consider donating to help children live a full life. [link]NOTE: Don’t forget to tag MiracleFeet in your post! Also, your link can be to your Crowdrise page or MiracleFeet’s donate page: https://www.miraclefeet.org/donate/
- Facebook Example Post