Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your personal information online, MiracleFeet provides this privacy notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your personal information is collected and used.
MiracleFeet is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in the US. We also have registered charities in the UK and Germany. These are MiracleFeet UK registered with the Charity Commission in the UK (number 1156868) and MiracleFeet Germany registered as a non-profit organization in Grunwuld in the Vereinsregister VR 204879.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this privacy notice or our collection and use of personal information, please email us at email@example.com or write to us using the contact details set out below.
- How do we collect personal information
- What personal information do we collect
- How do we use this personal information
- Lawful bases
- Storage and accuracy of personal information
- Who do we share this personal information with
- Supporters from Europe
- Data Security
- Donor Privacy
- Children’s privacy
- Other websites
- Your rights
- Contact details
- Changes to this Notice
1. How do we collect personal information?
Personal information means any information about individuals. This includes names or email addresses but can also include IP addresses. We collect personal information if it is provided to us through the following channels:
- A request for information
- A donation
- A website registration form
- An event registration
- An email, phone, or social media inquiry
- Donations or fundraising campaigns organized through a third-party platform (e.g., CrowdRise)
In certain cases but not for any visitors or supporters from the EU, we may combine personal information that you have given us with other publicly-available information about you to create a profile about you, your interests, and preferences. We do this to help us tailor appropriate communications with our supporters. We may use third-party platforms to help us with these activities, but will only share personal information as necessary and always ensure that the personal information is protected according to relevant privacy and data protection legislation.
This website also collects general information when visitors access and use our website.
2. What personal information do we collect?
The personal information that we collect may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Age/Date of birth
- IP address
- Browser and domain information
- Site traffic patterns
Please note that we do not treat clubfoot ourselves; we provide financial, technical, and other support to providers and partners. No information should be shared with us about your or another person’s personal medical condition. We have no intention to collect and will not ask you to provide personal information which is more sensitive such as information concerning health, ethnicity, race, religion or political opinion.
3. How do we use this personal information?
We may use your personal information in a number of ways including:
- Provide you with information you request
- Provide you with information relating to MiracleFeet, including information you express an interest in, such as news, events, resources, and services
- Contacting you to seek donations or gifts
- Contacting you as part of stewarding our relationship with you where you are an existing supporter
- Help you use our website
- Provide or administer activities relating to our services
- Maintain our organizational records
- Check the security and resilience of our website
- Analyze use of our website
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive and to send you information about MiracleFeet. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and will not be shared with outside parties. You can opt out of these communications at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Lawful bases
Under certain laws, we are required to rely on one or more lawful grounds to collect and use the personal information that we have outlined above. We consider the grounds listed below to be relevant:
a. Legal obligation
Where the processing of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject e.g. because we have to provide information to tax authorities.
b. Contractual relationship
Where it is necessary for us to use your personal information in order to perform a contract to which you are a party (or to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract).
c. Legitimate interests
We rely on this basis where applicable law allows us to collect and use personal information for our legitimate interests and the use of your personal information is fair, balanced and does not unduly impact your rights. For instance, it is in our legitimate interest to use personal information to protect our website from any attacks and to ensure appropriate security.
When we process your personal information to achieve such legitimate interests, we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. We will not use your personal information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you, for example where use would be excessively intrusive (unless, for instance, we are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
We may obtain your consent to use your personal information in certain circumstances e.g. to send you email marketing. We will ensure that when we obtain your consent you are free both to give it and to decline to give it. Additionally, you may always withdraw your consent at any time without any further detriment to you.
5. Storage and accuracy of personal information
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary:
- To comply with any statutory or regulatory requirements we are subject to under applicable law;
- To fulfil the purposes for which the personal information was collected; or
- To defend our or a third party’s legal rights.
If you have any questions about our retention periods for personal information, please contact us.
We strive to keep any personal information we hold up-to-date and accurate. If you have any changes to your personal information that you would like to inform us of, please contact us at email@example.com.
6. Who do we share this personal information with?
We do not share personal information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete requested transactions and as set out in this Privacy Notice. Any third parties (e.g. that provide IT support or email support services) that we use to help us process personal information are rigorously checked by our staff to ensure that they function in accordance with privacy and data protection legislation. This includes MiracleFeet entering into contractual agreements with these parties to ensure personal information remains protected. Personal information collected through our website or by our registered charities in other parts of the world will always be provided to MiracleFeet in the USA.
Please note that we may legally be required to disclose your personal information if required to by law enforcement agencies or for regulatory reasons.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer or seller or such business or assets;
- if substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, personal information held by us may be one of the transferred assets;
- for auditing purposes;
- to protect any MiracleFeet operations including the rights, safety and property of MiracleFeet and our staff;
- to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
7. Supporters from Europe and international data transfers
While MiracleFeet has active charitable entities in Germany and the United Kingdom, our headquarters is in the United States (US). As a result, the majority of personal information we hold is processed and stored in the US.
If you are located outside of the US and engage with us or with one of our charities in Europe, you should be aware that your personal information will be transferred to the US and we use US-based suppliers to process and maintain your personal information. In such cases, where your personal information is transferred from Europe to the US, we will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that appropriate safeguards designed to protect your personal information are implemented (e.g. entering into approved standard contractual clauses to protect personal information).
Where we collect personal information within the European Economic Area (EEA), we have taken steps to ensure that the personal information is handled in compliance with European data protection and privacy legislation.
For more information about how we work to ensure compliance or about how we ensure the protection of personal information subject to international data transfers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Data Security
We place great importance on the security of your personal information and will always try to take appropriate precautions to protect it, both online and offline.
Wherever we collect more sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and passed securely through our payment processing providers who meet the required Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards. You can verify that a webpage is secured by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
We also use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to protect your personal information and all personal information is stored in a secure database. Only appropriately-trained employees who need the personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to personal information. The computers/servers in which we store personal information are kept in a secure environment, and we carry out regular security reviews of our network.
Despite all of our precautions however, no transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. So, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information which you disclose to us online or otherwise and you must understand that you do so at your own risk.
We cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any messages transmitted between you and us via email as these are potentially accessible by the public. We will not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss in connection with any email message sent by you to us or by us to you.
9. Donor Privacy
Except as set out in this Privacy Notice, MiracleFeet will not disclose, trade, sell, or share any donor or visitor’s personal information nor solicit any donor or visitor on behalf of another organization.
We use “cookies” and other tracking technologies on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on your hard drive that, by tracking your use of our website, enables us to improve your access to the site. Cookies function anonymously and enable us to learn things like what areas of the site visitors are navigating to most frequently, how much time they spend on different webpages, and how they came to the site, among others. All of this information helps us to improve our website and enhance user experience.
a. Types of Cookies
Cookies can be necessary for site navigation and performance, or used for targeting or advertising. We almost exclusively use only those that are essential for users to move around our website, and those that allow us to collect information about site usage – not those related to targeting or advertising. These types of cookies do not collect information that identifies users.
Some webpages that contain embedded content (such as YouTube videos), may result in you receiving cookies delivered from these websites. We are not responsible for third-party cookie delivery – for more information about these, please refer to privacy statements on the relevant websites.
For more information on the different types of cookies that exist, please refer to this guide from the UK International Chamber of Commerce.
b. Additional website analytics
MiracleFeet’s website uses Google Analytics to gather information about website usage. This information is anonymized, but is stored by Google on servers in the US and is used by us and them to evaluate our website activity and inform enhancements. Google may transfer this information to third party processors or when required to by law, but will not associate an IP address with any other data held by Google.
By using this website, you are consenting to the processing of this kind of data by Google. For more details please refer to Google Analytics’ article, “Safeguarding your data.”
c. Changing your preferences
In most web browsers it is possible to change cookie settings through the “Help” or “Preferences” menus. Options include getting notifications when you receive a new cookie, or disabling cookies altogether.
Google also offers a browser add-on that enables you to opt out of Google Analytics.
11. Children’s Privacy
The safety of children is extremely important to us. While we do not actively collect personal information from children younger than 13, we appreciate that our supporters are of all ages. However, this website is not specifically targeted at children. Children should always ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to anyone online. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 and believe that he or she is using our website, you may request to review and/or delete your child’s personal information, as well as well as refuse to permit the further collection or use of such personal information, by contacting us at email@example.com.
12. Other Web Sites
Our website contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which MiracleFeet has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such websites as their policies may differ.
13. Your Rights
Please note that we will honor your requests to exercise your rights to the extent possible and required under applicable law. Certain of these rights may only be available to you if you are located in the UK or the EU when you access our website or if you otherwise engage with our UK or German charities.
You have the right to:
- Ask us for confirmation of what personal information we hold about you, and to request a copy of that information. If we are satisfied that you have a legal entitlement to see this personal information, and we are able to confirm your identity, we will provide you with this personal information.
- Withdraw your consent at any time if we have relied on consent as the lawful ground to use your personal information.
- Request that we delete the personal information we hold about you, as far as we are legally required to do so.
- Ask that we correct any personal information that we hold about you which you believe to be inaccurate.
- Object to the processing of your personal information where we: (i) process on the basis of the legitimate interests ground; (ii) use the personal information for direct marketing; or (iii) use the personal information for statistical purposes.
- Ask for the provision of your personal information in a machine-readable format to either yourself or a third party, provided that the personal information in question has been provided to us by you, and is being processed by us: (i) in reliance on your consent; or (ii) because it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party; and in either instance, we are processing it using automated means.
- Ask for processing of your personal information to be restricted if there is disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate use.
Please note that you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority (if applicable) about how we use your personal information. Please always consider raising your concern with us first by contacting us using the contact details below.
14. Contact Details
You can contact us via the following:
For the US & UK:
107 Conner Drive, Suite 230
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
+ 1 919 240 5572
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Changes to this Notice
If we decide to change this Privacy Notice, we will post the revised Privacy Notice here and, where reasonable, we will contact you to notify you of any significant changes to the Privacy Notice.
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies or wish to review personal information and/or request corrections, please email us at email@example.com.