Child Protection Policy
MiracleFeet envisions a world where no child born with clubfoot lives in fear or stigma, without access to the treatment that could change his or her life. Our dedication to improving children’s lives makes safeguarding children from abuse, neglect, and exploitation a fundamental part of our duty of care.
All MiracleFeet staff and in-country partners pledge their commitment to a Child Protection Policy. The policy provides meaningful, standardized, and actionable ways to protect those we serve.
MiracleFeet’s Child Protection Policy is based on Keeping Children Safe Child Safeguarding Standards, the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, 1989 the UN Statement for the Elimination of Sexual Abuse and Exploitation and all child-related UN conventions, the national child protection legislation of the United States of America, and international good practice.
- All children have equal rights to protection from harm.
- Everybody has a responsibility to support the protection of children.
- Organizations have a duty of care to children with whom they work, are in contact with, or who are affected by their work and operations.
- If organizations work with partners they have a responsibility to help partners meet the minimum requirements on protection.
- All actions on child safeguarding are taken in the best interests of the child, which are paramount.
To request a copy of the full policy, contact NAME@miraclefeet.org.